One of the reasons why microlight flying has become so popular in recent years is that it's much cheaper to train for and maintain a NPPL-microlight licence than a conventional light aircraft licence. Less hours to do, cheaper medicals and much cheaper fuel costs.
Pre-fight briefings are an essential part of flight training. We give these free of charge with every flight training hour taken. As a result, each lesson lasts for approximately 1.5 hours, but you only pay for the aircraft flight times.
Training Packages:- All based on two EV97 Team Eurostar Aircraft with full panel instruments, Radios, Mode S transponders, Landing, Navigation & Strobe lights
(all costs include VAT and base landing fees at Peterborough Business Airport)
Hourly Rate - £124 Pay as you go!
Two Hour Introduction to flying at Cranfield £229
This is all you need to do to get a head start on learning to fly. The package includes:
- An Introduction to Flight Training briefing explaining the licence requirements and what you can do once qualified with a National Private Pilots Licence.
- An Introduction to the training Aircraft and Pre-flight excercise description. This includes a detailed view of the aircraft and its systems.
- A 45 minute flight where you will be handling the flying controls for most of the time. Your instructor will guide you through the principles of flying and will include, turning, climbing & decending flight, use of flaps, trimmer and throttle controls. Flying at different speeds and aligning with the runway for landing.
- A Post flight de-briefing to include evaluation of the flying exercise & recomendations for follow on training. You will have an opportunity to discuss all ascepts of flight training with a CAA instructor in an informal manner.
- 3 months membership of the FlyCB flying club along with a Certificate of Introductory Flight Training Achievement
Pilots LogBook, Flight Charts and other flight equipment available for purchase.
5 Hour Introductory Course - £620
Want to experience a little more? Then the 5 hour package is for you. This includes 5 hours of dual instruction and 3 months club membership.. after this you will be well on your way to earning your wings!
25 Hour Complete Course - £3,695
The full minimum required hours flying course, including 25 hours instruction, Ground school training & exam fees, NPPL (M) course books, equipment and a flight bag. Basically everything you need. Take the challenge; we will guide you through to your licence to flying freedom!
Want the discount but not the up front payment, then buy the 25 hour course on installments. Pay by 9 monthly Direct Debit installments at £420 per month.
5, 10 and 20 Hour Advanced Course Blocks
5h - £620
10h - £1215
Ground School & Exam Fees
Ground school tuition:- £30 per hour
Ground Exam fees:- £35per exam
GST: £75 plus normal training rate
"Charlie Bravo" Club Membership Fee
All those flying with FlyCB-Peterborough must join Charlie Bravo Flying Club. This is free for trial flights and an annual cost of £95 for students and syndicate shareholders.
All prices are inclusive of VAT, fuel and base airfield landing fees and are subject to change